Tuesday 27 August 2013

DataGridView DataSource Not Updating

DataGridView DataSource Not Updating

I am using Winforms DevExpress and I am binding a DataTable to a
DataGridView which is working fine. The problem I am having is that I have
some functions that will build a new DataTable object which is separate
from the original which needs to replace the original DataTable that is
bound to the DataGridView.
DataTable originalTable = new DataTable("OriginalTable");
//Populate originalTable
myDataGridControl.DataSource = originalTable;
Everything works fine with the code above, but the following code creates
a new DataTable and needs to be set as the DataSource for
myDataGridControl.
DataTable newTable = new DataTable("NewTable");
//Populate newTable
//Set newTable as the DataSource for myDataGridControl
myDataGridControl.DataSource = newTable;
I have tried several different attempts to make this work such as calling
RefreshDataSource(), Refresh(), setting DataSource to null. I have not
gotten it to work yet. How do I do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment